Friday, February 12, 2010

Meatloaf

I had a box of stuffing and a can of french onions that I bought around the holidays and wanted to use. I was happy to see I could use it in meatloaf.  It was delicious and I had leftovers for lunch the next day which is always a plus. I made it with Bistro Mac and Cheese. I will be posting that recipe shortly.

Ingredients:
1 pound of ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Glaze:
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of maple syrup

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine meat, eggs, 1/4 cup of ketchup, stuffing mix, ranch dressing mix and fried onions.
3. Shape into loaf on a 9 x 13 pan.
4. Bake, covered loosely with foil, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
5. For glaze, mix ketchup and maple syrup in a small bowl. Five minutes before the meatloaf is done, pour the mixture over meatloaf and bake for 5 minutes. 

(adapted from allrecipes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment