Monday, February 15, 2010

Cubed Steak Sandwich

I made this for dinner  on Friday and Abe asked me to make it again on Saturday.  They are quick and tasty. I used margarine instead of butter so I did not feel so guilty eating it.  My nephew, Jacob, ate it too on Saturday. He liked it so much that he asked me to post it on my blog. This one is for you Jacob!


Ingredients:

1 Large Onion or 2 small ones
2 sticks Butter or Margarine
2 pounds Cube Steak
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco Sauce, To Taste
4 whole French or Deli Rolls

Instructions:
1. Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with seasoned salt and garlic powder.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat in the same skillet until melted. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown.
4. Add 1/2 cup or more if desired of Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
5. Butter halved French or deli rolls and brown in skillet.
6. Place meat mixture, onions and a spoonful of juice from the pan in the rolls and ENJOY!

(adapted from Pioneer Woman)

No comments:

Post a Comment